The process of relocation with Deccan Express Packers and Movers involves five steps, namely, Survey, Packing, Inventory, transportation and Unpacking.
Some extremely useful tips for packing your household items are as follows:
- Firstly strong and durable cartons should be collected in order to place your miscellaneous articles. Cartons should be collected depending on the type of material to be packed.
- While packing make sure that you keep scissors, tape, pen, labels etc handy, this will save your time and would ensure organized packing.
- It should be made sure that you do not overload your cartons and the total weight should not exceed 50 pounds.
- Television, refrigerators, computer and other electronic items should be packed in their own cartons. All of these items must be carefully dismantled and their screws must be attached with them. Don’t forget to label these items.
- Cartons should be selected according to the articles to be packed. Light items like canned food, books, cassettes or CD’s should be packed in small cartons whereas large items such as picture portrait, mirrors, clock, lampshades should be kept in special cartons.
- While packing, make sure that you place the heavy items at the bottom and light items at the top to prevent the light items from being damaged.
- Fragile articles should be wrapped in various folds of paper to avoid them from being scratched.
- Seal the cartons properly from top to bottom. Proper sealing would prevent any type of leakage.
- Label the cartons in the order of materials kept in it and the room it should be placed in. This activity would make the unpacking easy and manageable.
- Clothing items need not to be packed separately, they can be kept in their drawers itself and be moved like that.
- For moving your plants across the state, consult any local agriculture department as some states might place objections on it.
- For making your packing less tiring and more doable, keep a particular day for packing a particular room it would divide the task in simpler ways.
- Packing of crystal or glassware should be done separately. Do not try to keep one over the other to avoid breakage.
- Bowls and plates can be stacked together with plates at the bottom and bowls at the top.
Items that need not to be packed:
Some household items should not be packed or carried at all. These items include inflammable, corrosive or explosive and perishable materials. Moving of these items might take a toll on your other items. It is always safe and better to leave these items as leakage of these while carrying can prove hazardous to other articles. A list of such materials is given below:
- Chemistry Sets
- Lamp Oil
- Loaded Weapons
- Motor Oil
- Gasoline Poisons
Stay Tuned. For any informatiom fill this form