Whenever you are moving, you are actually making two moves: Moving Out and Moving In. This can be stressful as it needs careful planning and execution. Call Deccan Express to ensure a safe and worry- free transition of your valuable belongings. Deccan Express Packers and Movers are India’s leading relocation management company with more than three decades of experience, specializing in corporate and household goods movement.
The process of relocation with Deccan Express Packers and Movers involves five steps, namely, Survey, Packing, Inventory, transportation and Unpacking.
Call us and we will send a move coordinator to your house to provide you with a free estimate. The move coordinator would take a survey of your possessions and the details of your destination. Once you receive your estimate, you may inform the move coordinator to plan your move. The move coordinator would then provide you with the schedule necessary for packaging to the final destination.
At Deccan Express Packers and Movers, we employ the highest quality packing standards coupled with the best available packaging material.Dedicated, trained crew is used throughout the packing & loading process.
Deccan Express Packers and Movers always provides a full itemization of a customer’s belongings. As we load the van, our supervisor will note the condition of each of your items. Once you approve, we are on our way to your new destination.
Deccan Express Packers and Movers owns a fleet of vehicles to move the goods of any volume. Deccan Express will transport the material in a closed container vehicle and make sure it reaches at destination safely.
All possessions are unpacked and are moved in on a room-by-room basis. Breakables are unpacked over the box thereby reducing its chance of breakage. Our crew will assemble any furniture that has been packed in semi-knocked down condition. All the packing material will be taken away thereby making your new destination comfortable for you.
Some extremely useful tips for packing your household items are as follows:
- Firstly strong and durable cartons should be collected in order to place your miscellaneous articles. Cartons should be collected depending on the type of material to be packed.
- While packing make sure that you keep scissors, tape, pen, labels etc handy, this will save your time and would ensure organized packing.
- It should be made sure that you do not overload your cartons and the total weight should not exceed 50 pounds.
- Television, refrigerators, computer and other electronic items should be packed in their own cartons. All of these items must be carefully dismantled and their screws must be attached with them. Don’t forget to label these items.
- Cartons should be selected according to the articles to be packed. Light items like canned food, books, cassettes or CD’s should be packed in small cartons whereas large items such as picture portrait, mirrors, clock, lampshades should be kept in special cartons.
- While packing, make sure that you place the heavy items at the bottom and light items at the top to prevent the light items from being damaged.
- Fragile articles should be wrapped in various folds of paper to avoid them from being scratched.
- Seal the cartons properly from top to bottom. Proper sealing would prevent any type of leakage.
- Label the cartons in the order of materials kept in it and the room it should be placed in. This activity would make the unpacking easy and manageable.
- Clothing items need not to be packed separately, they can be kept in their drawers itself and be moved like that.
- For moving your plants across the state, consult any local agriculture department as some states might place objections on it.
- For making your packing less tiring and more doable, keep a particular day for packing a particular room it would divide the task in simpler ways.
- Packing of crystal or glassware should be done separately. Do not try to keep one over the other to avoid breakage.
- Bowls and plates can be stacked together with plates at the bottom and bowls at the top.
Items that need not to be packed:
Some household items should not be packed or carried at all. These items include inflammable, corrosive or explosive and perishable materials. Moving of these items might take a toll on your other items. It is always safe and better to leave these items as leakage of these while carrying can prove hazardous to other articles. A list of such materials is given below:
- Chemistry Sets
- Lamp Oil
- Loaded Weapons
- Motor Oil
- Gasoline Poisons